Home About Us | Finding Parent Establishing Paternity Establishing Order Collecting Payments Where the money goes Child Support Calculator ASK YOUR QUESTION Job Openings Near You Get Life Insurance For You And Your Child | Get Dental Insurance
The Children’s Bureau supports programs, research, and monitoring systems that prevent child abuse and neglect while ensuring that children who are victims receive treatment and care.
The program provides funding to states and tribes to help them strengthen families and prevent child abuse and neglect. The funding also provides for child abuse and neglect assessment, investigation, prosecution, and treatment activities.
The following are child abuse and neglect programs:
- Promoting Safe and Stable FamiliesChild Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA)
- The Court Improvement program
- CAPTA discretionary fund
- CAPTA state grants
- Community-Based Grants for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (CBCAP)
- The Children’s Justice Act (CJA)
- The Abandoned Infants Assistance program
Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Systems
The Children’s Bureau collects case-level data on reports of child abuse and neglect and analyzes the data. They make reports available to the public and provide an annual report to Congress.
Their reporting systems include the following:
- The National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System (NCANDS)
- Child Welfare Outcomes Report to Congress
- Child Maltreatment