Find your local Child Support and Social Service Office here! Not a government website.

Failure to Pay Child Support Panalties

Failure to pay Child Support can result in some serious court penalties. Some of the most common penalties are:

  • Garnishment of wages, including unemployment and worker’s compensation
  • Warrant issued for arrest, which may be criminal or civil
  • Fines, jail, or both
  • Suspension, revocation or denial of various licenses—professional, driver’s, hunting/fishing/boating
  • Finding of contempt of court
  • Denial of tax refunds
  • Revocation of passport
  • Having a lien placed on property to cover payment
  • Exclusion from receipt of certain government benefits

Parents not paying child support have to be aware that all states are fully prepared to enforce court ordered child support.  For those parents that think they can avoid their court ordered obligation of paying child support by relocating to another state the Deadbeat Parents Punishment Act can bring federal charges; penalties can include not just mandatory restitution of unpaid child support obligation, but also imprisonment of up to two years in some instances.

282 Responses to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Child Support Office

  1. Kern county child support sucks ass! I lived in Sacramento county and they took care of business but here they give me the run around and lame excuses. He is $64000 behind, put $8000 of dental work into his mouth, gone on $250 deep sea fishing trips, kayaking in the channel islands and has a 401k and they wont touch him.He cries that he is one of the 33 million who is “going through it” w the pandemic.. if thats “going through it” then I want to go through that!! Now Im writing my local officials. This has ran its course.

Leave a reply

State Child Support Offices


DISCLAIMER: This site is NOT affiliated with any government sites or agencies, this site is for informational purposes only. If you have questions about child support issues it’s always best you contact your local child support office.

There is no custom code to display.