Not fair that state enforce my child support, what about me seeing kids

Q) I’m the noncustodial parent. I love my kids. I pay my child support. About half the time when I go to pick them up for my weekend, my ex-wife has made other plans for them. It’s not fair that the state will enforce my child support obligation but not do anything about my right to see my kids.

A) Many state or local governments have developed procedures for enforcing visitation orders. Also, the federal government has made funding available to states for developing model programs to ensure that children will be able to have the continuing care and emotional support of both parents. Check with your local child support agency and clerk of court to see what resources are available to you and to find out about laws that address custody and isitation. See a list of state Access and Visitation contacts.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *