file a petition to terminate the arrears and child support order

child_support_personA) If you want to file a petition to terminate child support and arrears, you should contact your local child support agency or an attorney. The process for filing a petition can vary depending on the state you live in, and it may require specific forms and documentation.

In general, to file a petition to terminate a child support order, you will need to demonstrate a significant change in circumstances that justifies the termination. This may include situations such as the child reaching the age of majority, the child no longer being dependent, or a significant change in the income of either parent.

To terminate arrears, you will typically need to show that the past due amount has been paid in full or that there is a valid reason for the arrears to be waived or forgiven.

It’s important to note that child support is a legal obligation, and failing to pay child support can result in legal consequences, including wage garnishment, suspension of a driver’s license, and even arrest. If you are struggling to make child support payments, it’s important to contact your local child support agency or an attorney to explore your options.

In some states you may file a Notice and Motion to revoke Child Support. By filing this Motion, you are explaining the change in circumstances to the Court. A motion to Revoke may only be filed where current support has terminated by operation of law. Please visit your local child support office for more information or seek legal counsel.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *