How do I get my nephews dad to get custody of his sons when we live out of state?

Q) How do I get my nephews dad to get custody of his sons when we live out of state and he won’t answer his phone and there mom is in the hospital was in a bad car accident and they are all he has. Nobody will help us they are very young.

A) It sounds like you are concerned about the well-being of your nephews and want to help their father obtain custody of them. I’m sorry to hear about the situation with their mother.

In order for the father to obtain custody of his sons, he will need to go through the legal process for child custody. This typically involves filing a petition for custody with the court and following the relevant laws and procedures in your state.

If the father is unable to communicate with the mother or is unable to locate her, he may need to take additional steps to establish his paternity and seek custody. This may include obtaining a court order to establish paternity or seeking the assistance of a lawyer or legal aid organization.

It may also be helpful for the father to try to gather any relevant evidence or documentation that could support his case for custody, such as proof of his relationship with the children, his ability to provide for their needs, and his fitness as a parent.

Depending on the circumstances, it may also be possible for someone else (such as a relative or close friend) to petition for custody on behalf of the father. This would require demonstrating that the father is unable or unwilling to care for the children and that the petitioner is able and willing to do so.

I recommend that the father seek the advice of a lawyer or legal aid organization to understand the specific laws and procedures in your state and to determine the best course of action in this situation.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *