I got my girls back from father and still I am required to pay child support.

Q) I got my girls back from father for years ago and still I am required to pay child support. What do I have to do to stop it?

A) If you have custody of your children and are still required to pay child support, you should take the following steps to stop the payments:

  1. Review your custody agreement: Make sure you understand the terms of your custody agreement and what it requires with regards to child support.
  2. Contact the Child Support Enforcement Division: If you believe you are still paying child support in error, reach out to the Child Support Enforcement Division in your state to explain your situation.
  3. Seek legal advice: If you are unable to resolve the issue with the Child Support Enforcement Division, you may want to seek the advice of an attorney. An attorney can review your custody agreement and help you navigate the process of stopping child support payments.
  4. File a Motion to Modify: If you have a court order for child support, you may need to file a Motion to Modify with the court to have the child support order changed.

It is important to take action as soon as possible to resolve the issue and stop any unnecessary child support payments.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *