I have recently got custody, how do I file child support?

Q) I have recently got custody of my 2 kid and one that is not mine all from the same mother how do I file child support and what do I need?

A) Steps for filing Child Support

Step 1: Open a child support case.
Step 2: Locate the noncustodial parent (NCP)
Step 3: Establish paternity.
Step 4: File a support order.
Step 5: Set-up payment.
Step 6: Enforce the support order.
Step 7: Review the order.
Source: https://childsupport.georgia.gov/understanding-child-support

Documents You Need To Bring When Filing For Child Support

If you need to file for child support services for the first time you’ll need to bring the following documents with you:

  • A valid photo ID, such as your driver’s license or up-to-date passport
  • Proof of your address, such as a recent rent receipt, mortgage statement, or utility bill
  • Birth certificate(s) for the children for whom you are seeking child support
  • Your ex’s contact information or any information you have regarding his or her current address or place of employment

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *