My case has been opened for 2 years. The absent parent couldn’t find him.

Q) My case has been opened for 2 years. The absent parent was able to be severed because they couldn’t find him. Both myself and his son showed up to every single court day. We also took a DNA which proved he’s my son’s father. It’s extremely frustrating that he has NOT been located. And I get zero help about what’s or what’s not being done to locate him. Furthermore, he has not given him a single cent towards me raising him. Thankfully he’s a smart young man and has been able to go to college because of it. I’d like to know how handle the situation because it’s seems no one really is concerned.

A) Have you looked at The Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS). This is a national computer matching system operated by the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE). The Child Support Services Division (CSSD) uses FPLS to locate non-custodial parents (NCPs) which assists with the process of establishing and enforcing paternity and child support orders. The FLPS can also identify child support cases in different states which involve the same parties.

How does the FPLS help CSSD to locate Parents?
The FPLS works specifically to help CSSD and child support programs in other States.

The FPLS performs automatic data matches between the FCR and the NDNH to determine the most up-to-date employment information for NCPs, including quarterly wage information.

The FPLS then transmits the data to each state which the NCP has a case. Once CSSD receives data from the FPLS regarding an NCP, CSSD is able to take appropriate action to establish, modify, or enforce a child support order. More infor:

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *