My ex husband doesn’t pay child support, he’s claiming my daughter on his tax return

Q) My ex husband doesn’t pay child support . And he’s claiming my daughter on his tax return which is he not supposed to do it . What should I do?

A) I understand that you are in a difficult situation. It is not fair that your ex-husband is not paying child support and is claiming your daughter on his tax return. Here are some things you can do:

  1. Contact your local child support enforcement agency. They can help you collect child support and enforce the terms of your divorce decree.
  2. File a motion with the court to modify your child support order. If your ex-husband’s income has changed, you may be able to get the court to increase the amount of child support he pays.
  3. File a tax return with your daughter as your dependent. You can do this even if your ex-husband claims her on his return. The IRS will eventually figure out who is the rightful dependent and send a bill to the other parent.
  4. Report your ex-husband to the IRS for tax fraud. The IRS takes child support enforcement very seriously and may be able to help you collect the money your ex-husband owes.

It is important to remember that you are not alone. There are many resources available to help you get through this difficult time. Please reach out for help if you need it.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *