My name is Ricky I am contacting you in Reference to my son. His mother seems to refuse to have his last name changed.

A) I understand this is a complex situation, and it’s important to navigate it carefully while keeping your son’s best interests at the forefront. While I cannot provide legal advice, I can offer some general information and resources that may be helpful.

General Information:

  • In most cases, changing a child’s last name requires consent from both parents.
  • If the parents cannot agree, court involvement is typically necessary.
  • The court will consider various factors, including the child’s well-being, the reasons for the name change request, and the potential impact on the child’s relationship with each parent.


  • The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) offers resources and information on child name changes, including state-specific information: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
  • You can also consult with a family law attorney in your area who can provide specific legal advice based on your situation and the laws in your state.

It’s crucial to remember that every situation is unique, and the best course of action may vary depending on your specific circumstances. It’s always recommended to seek professional legal guidance to ensure you are pursuing the right path and protecting your son’s best interests.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *