Paying child support and kids having been living with different families…

child_support_personQ) I have a question, what do I need to do, when the children im paying support for, doesn’t live with the parent that im paying support to? I have found out that multiple people have been claiming them on their tax returns..and splitting the refund with the parent who I pay support to…I know no matter who they live with I’m still going to pay, but I’m trying to find out WHO should I pay….our kids having been living with different families for a long time, that I just found out about…the other parent’s name is JE****S B**********, and our kids are:Tea***, da**, key****** Lav*****r. ..thanks for your time, hope to gear from you soon…

A) You need to contact the Child Support Division in your state and provide them with information about the living arrangements of your children. They may require documentation such as school records or a custody agreement to verify who the children are living with. If it is determined that the children are not living with the parent you are paying support to, the Child Support Division may modify your support order and direct you to make payments to the custodial parent.

It is also important to report any suspected fraud regarding the claiming of your children on tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The IRS has a program called the “Whistleblower Office” that rewards individuals who provide information about tax fraud with a percentage of the amount collected by the IRS. You can contact the IRS directly or consult with a tax professional for assistance in reporting this issue.

You will need to continue to fulfill you court mandated child support order. If you suspect that your children are being neglected you need to report the issue to your local social service child welfare office. If you suspect that there is tax fraud you can call the Tax Fraud Hotline recording at 1-800-829-0433.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *