My son turned 21. How do i stop paying child support on him?

A) The process for stopping child support payments varies depending on the state and the specific details of your case. In general, you should contact your local child support agency or attorney and inform them that your child has turned 21 and is no longer eligible for child support. They will provide you with information on the steps you need to take to stop the payments, which may include filing a motion to modify the child support order with the court. Keep in mind that you will likely still owe any unpaid child support that was due prior to your child turning 21.

You need to contact your local clerk’s office for information on how to get a court order to terminate your child support payments as you child is now an adult at legal age. If your salary is being garnished child support will continue until the payroll department receives the court order “release” to stop the deductions. You need to contact the clerk’s office in the county where your divorce was finalized to find out what they need from you to issue the release. The clerk’s office will need your employer’s address information.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *