Dandridge TN Child Support and Social Service Office
Department of Human Services
Child Support Unit
1052 S. Highway 92
Dandridge, TN 37725
Phone: (865) 397-9434
Toll-free: (877) 987-8200
Fax: (865) 397-5013
Dandridge TN Child Support and Social Service Office enhances the well being of children by locating noncustodial parents, establish paternity, establish and enforce support orders, modify orders when appropriate, collect and distribute child support payments, and refer parents to other social service programs. These programs promote parent accountability, self sufficiency and reduce the public’s responsibility for providing financial and medical support to children.
Dandridge TN Child Support and Social Service Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: Most Child Support/Social Service offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand that there are many families in need in this economy. So a lot of people may be at the Child Support/Social Service office with questions or concerns.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local Child Support/Social Service office, if you are late you may have to wait a while. The best way to avoid the long lines at the Child Support/Social Service office is to get to the office early.
- Be prepared with your Documents: If you are applying for child support or any Social Service benefits, be sure to take with you all your required documents.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do, you can snack while you wait in the Child Support/Social Service office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Keep a Cool Head: With lots of people at the Child Support/Social Service office waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the Child Support/Social Service office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along. Above all, enjoy the day. You may meet meet a friend while you wait.
Find more Tennessee Child Support and Social Service Office Locations near Dandridge TN
There are a few ways you can find out what you owe on your child support:
Contact your child support agency: Each state has its own child support agency that is responsible for enforcing child support orders and collecting payments. You can contact your state’s child support agency to request information about your child support account and to find out how much you owe. You can typically find contact information for your state’s child support agency on your state’s government website or by searching online.
Check your child support account online: Many states have an online portal or website where you can view your child support account and see how much you owe. You will need to create an account and provide your personal information to access your account.
Contact your employer: If you are paying child support through wage withholding, your employer should be able to provide you with information about your child support payments and how much you owe.
Contact the other parent: If you are paying child support directly to the other parent, you can try contacting them to find out how much you owe.
It’s important to keep track of your child support payments and to make sure you are paying the correct amount on time. If you have any questions or concerns about your child support obligation, you should contact your child support agency or seek the advice of a lawyer or legal aid organization.