Children’s father is paid in cash under the table. Withholding won’t work

child_support_personQ) The children’s father is paid in cash under the table. Income withholding won’t work for me. What will?

A) If the children’s father is paid in cash under the table and does not have taxes withheld from his income, it may be difficult to enforce child support through wage withholding. However, there are still other options available to pursue child support.

One option is to seek a court order for child support and then work with a local child support enforcement agency to collect payments. This may involve wage garnishment, intercepting tax refunds, or other enforcement methods.

Another option is to hire a private attorney who can help you pursue child support through legal means, such as filing a contempt motion against the father for failing to pay.

It may also be helpful to gather any evidence of the father’s income, such as bank statements, receipts, or witness testimony, to present to the court as evidence of his ability to pay child support.

Ultimately, it is important to consult with a legal professional or local child support enforcement agency to explore the best options for enforcing child support in this situation.

Automatic billing, telephone reminders, and delinquency notices from your child support office might convince him to make regular payments. Other techniques, such as property attachment, credit bureau reporting, tax refund offset, and liens might work for the arrearages. States can suspend or revoke drivers, professional, occupational, and recreational licenses if an arrearage develops. If none of these are successful, your child support office can take the case to court for stronger enforcement methods

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *