My child’s father has moved state, can income withholding work

child_support_personQ) My child’s father works for a big company and has moved several times in her job. Can income withholding work in this case?

A) Yes, income withholding can still work in this case, even if the noncustodial parent (your child’s father) has moved several times for work. Income withholding is a process where the noncustodial parent’s employer is ordered to deduct child support payments from their paycheck and send them directly to the state child support agency.

Income withholding for child support can work even if the noncustodial parent works for a big company that has moved several times in their job. Each state may have its own laws and procedures governing the collection of child support payments, so it may be helpful to consult with a family law attorney or the child support enforcement agency in your state for more specific information 1. It may also be possible to request a modification to an existing child support order if there has been a significant change in the paying parent’s income or employment status.

If your child’s father is employed by a big company, the chances are that the company has a human resources department that is responsible for payroll and can easily set up an income withholding order. Even if he moves to a different location, the order can be transferred to his new employer, and child support payments can continue to be deducted from his paycheck.

However, it’s important to keep the child support agency updated with the noncustodial parent’s new employment information so that income withholding can be set up at the new job. If you have any concerns or questions about income withholding or updating employment information, you should contact your state child support agency for assistance.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *