Child support division put a bank Levy on my bank account for “$2500 for back child support. I like my money returned.

A) Child support division put a bank Levy on my bank account for “$2500 for back child support I have a leak somewhere in my brain traumatic brain injury old injury I like my money returned to me put back on my credit card if you can’t help me please tell me who can I contact thank you Trini flowers

A) I’m sorry to hear about your situation. I don’t have access to personal records or the ability to take direct action on financial matters. I can provide you with some general information that may help.

When dealing with a bank levy or any legal matters related to child support, it’s best to consult with an attorney who specializes in family law or a legal aid organization in your area. They will be able to review your specific circumstances and provide you with advice on how to proceed.

In general, to have the funds returned or address any issues related to child support, you may need to take the following steps:

Contact the child support agency: Reach out to the child support division that issued the bank levy. They should be able to provide you with information about the levy, including the specific reasons and options for resolution.

Seek legal advice: Consult with a family law attorney or a legal aid organization. They can help you understand your rights and options, and guide you through the process of resolving the issue.

Gather evidence: If you believe there are extenuating circumstances such as a traumatic brain injury or a mistake in the amount owed, gather any supporting documentation that proves your claim. This may include medical records or any relevant court documents.

Request a modification or adjustment: Depending on your situation, you may be able to request a modification or adjustment to your child support order. An attorney can help you navigate this process and present your case effectively.

Remember, the specific steps and processes can vary depending on your jurisdiction and the laws in your area. It’s crucial to consult with a legal professional who can provide guidance tailored to your situation.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *