My daughters father owes almost $8000 in arrears, notified by the child support agency

child_support_personQ) My daughters father owes almost $8000 in arrears. I was notified by the child support agency that I was now able to file a violation of petition. I did and received the paperwork stating when the court date was (approximately a month from when I received the paperwork). I showed up for court at the time stated…..9:30am. My daughters father never showed up. I waited until 10:00 to finally be called into the courtroom only to be told that the address he resided at (his parents house)was no longer his valid address. His father told them that he hasn’t lived there in 3 months. Now the child support agency can not locate him and that I have to start the process all over again when he is located. He was fired from his job about a year ago for stealing, kicked out of his sisters house for stealing, and has lived in his car, and also a barn at one time. He has worked for people and paid “under the table” so there are no records. I was told that he was receiving public assistance but no longer is. So basically he continues to get away with not paying support and we just have to deal with it is what it comes down to. I don’t understand how this is acceptable and just passed by. Please help me learn how I can locate him and push this further and faster. Thank you.

A) In most cases, the child support agency must know where the other parent lives or works to establish the paternity of a child, obtain an order for support, and enforce that order. To notify the noncustodial parent in advance – for example, by certified mail or personal service – under the state’s service of process requirements child support officials need a correct address. If you do not have the address, the child support office can try to find it.

To assist in finding noncustodial parents state and tribal child support agencies, with due process and security safeguards, have access to information from the following:

▪ public assistance agency
▪ motor vehicle department
▪ law enforcement departments
• Records of private entities like public utilities and cable television companies (such as names and addresses of individuals and their employers as they appear in customer records)
• Credit bureaus
• State and local government:
▪ vital statistics
▪ state tax files
▪ real and titled personal property records
▪ occupational and professional licenses and business information
▪ employment security agency
• Information held by financial institutions, including asset and liability data
• The State Directory of New Hires (SDNH), to which employers must report new employees
• The Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS)

The FPLS, which includes the Federal Case Registry (FCR) and the National Directory of New Hires (NDNH), has access to information from:

• The Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Defense, the National Personnel Records Center including quarterly wage data for federal employees, the Social Security Administration, and the Department of Veterans Affairs
• State Directories of New Hires
• State Workforce Agencies (SWA)

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *