I am trying to get ahold of my case worker but I am never able to be put through to her.

Q) Hi, I am trying to get ahold of my case worker but I am never able to be put through to her. I am a parent willing to pay child support but unable and need to talk to her about that. I sent in a paper stating my income along with a written letter and a few other documents. I sent these things to four other places as I was unsure of who to send them to. Thank you very much!

A)I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having trouble reaching your child support case worker. Here are a few suggestions you might find helpful:

  1. Try calling at different times of the day. If you’ve been calling during peak hours, it’s possible that the lines are busy and you’re not able to get through. Try calling early in the morning or later in the afternoon when call volume might be lower.
  2. Check if there are any alternate contact methods available. For example, some case workers may have email or fax contacts listed on their agency’s website or you may be able to contact the agency’s general information line and ask for assistance.
  3. Consider reaching out to the agency’s supervisor or manager. If you’ve tried multiple times to contact your case worker and haven’t had any luck, you may want to escalate the issue to their supervisor or manager. They may be able to help you get in touch with your case worker or provide information on what steps you can take next.
  4. If all else fails, consider scheduling an in-person appointment at the agency’s office. Depending on the agency’s policies and availability, you may be able to meet with your case worker in person to discuss your case.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best in getting in touch with your case worker.

Generally for most child support offices, you should receive a return call within a few business days from your child support case worker. Keep in mind that a case worker usually has a lot of cases he/she is working on.  If your child support case worker does not return your call within two business days you should contact his or her supervisor. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, you should call the local child support office and request to speak with the next immediate supervisor. You can find the phone number for your local child support office on our website.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *