I want to set myself up for child support how do I do this and where?

A) To set yourself up for child support, you can follow these steps:

  1. Determine paternity: If the father of your child is not legally recognized, you will need to establish paternity. This can be done through a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity or by going to court and proving paternity through DNA testing.
  2. Contact your local child support agency: You can contact your local child support agency for help in setting up a child support order. They will be able to assist you in locating the non-custodial parent, if necessary, and in determining the appropriate amount of child support.
  3. File a court order: If the non-custodial parent agrees to the amount of child support, the child support agency can help you draft a court order. If the non-custodial parent does not agree, you may need to go to court to have a judge determine the amount of child support.
  4. Enforce the court order: Once you have a court order for child support, you can enforce it through the child support agency or through the court, if necessary.

The procedures for setting up child support will vary depending on the state you are in. You can find your local child support agency by visiting the website of the Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE), which is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *