The non-custodian parent owes $20,000 plus dollars in child support.

Q) I have been trying to contact someone regarding my case. The non-custodian parent owes $20,000 plus dollars in child support. The last known active case open is in California. Done in California judicial Court on records. At this time I am asking for some assistance in retrieving my money owed to my children. Due to financial hardship my children have suffered immensely due to lack of income which should be provided because of a court order. Did non custodian parent has been in noncompliance for over several years now. I have constantly filed every 45 days informing them of the jobs or employment that I know of the non-custodian parent to possess this information was given by the children asking him for money that he claimed he don’t have yet he tells them he’s at work.

A) If you are having trouble collecting child support from the non-custodial parent, there are steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

  1. Contact your local child support agency: The child support agency can help you enforce the court order and collect the overdue child support. They can also help you locate the non-custodial parent if they have moved or changed jobs.
  2. Request wage garnishment: You can ask the child support agency to initiate wage garnishment, which means that the non-custodial parent’s employer will be required to deduct the child support payments from their paychecks and send them to you.
  3. File a contempt of court motion: If the non-custodial parent is not following the court order, you can ask the court to hold them in contempt of court. This could result in fines, imprisonment, or other penalties.
  4. Seek legal assistance: If you are having difficulty enforcing the child support order, you may want to consider hiring a family law attorney to help you navigate the legal system and represent you in court.

It is important to keep accurate records of all child support payments, as well as any communications you have with the non-custodial parent or the child support agency. This information will be useful if you need to take legal action to enforce the child support order.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *