My Daugther collects child support and she don’t even have custody of the child what can I do?

Q) I need to know if my Daughter collects child support and she don’t even have custody of the child what can I do?

A) If your daughter is collecting child support but does not have custody of the child, that could be considered fraud. You can report this to your local child support enforcement agency or your state’s attorney general’s office. They can investigate the matter and take appropriate action if necessary. It is important to have any documentation or evidence available to support your claim.

You may need to seek legal support depending on who has custody of the child and the reason she lost custody of the child. Please have you daughter contact your local child welfare office for information and also seek legal advise.

noncustodial parent:
Simply put, you are the parent who does not have primary custody of the child. But this does not mean you don’t have rights as a parent. Remember, you are a very important part of your child’s life.

A managing conservator, or custodial parent, has the legal right to decide where the child will live. This right is commonly called custody. A possessory conservator, or noncustodial parent, has the legal right to spend time with the child and know the whereabouts of the child. These rights are commonly called “access and visitation” or “possession.”

Many people think only fathers can be noncustodial parents, but that is not the case. In Texas, about 10 percent of noncustodial parents are mothers. Some of the information in this guide is directed toward fathers, but most of the information can apply to either a mom or dad who is the noncustodial parent.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *