My son has 3 children from a first marriage, he needs help

Child-Support-QuestionQ) my son has 3 children from a first marriage – 2 live with him all the time – one 18 and one 14 – and one that is with him at least 4 days a week. the problem is he married again – she became pregnant and very soon after she found out she ordered him out and they divorced (she worked for the attorney that handled his first divorce and she knew all about him – she gets quiet a bit of his money each month – the problem is we have to help him we are both retired and husband is in bad health)and he lived with us almost 8 1/2 yrs – he moved out and he can hardly make it – – there is much more to this story – but I know he would not like me asking all this but is there any thing he can do? I would appreciate any response thank you.

A) Based on the information you provided, it sounds like your son is struggling financially due to his obligations to support his children from his first marriage and the child support he is paying to his ex-wife from his second marriage. It’s understandable that you want to help him, but it’s important to understand the legal and financial implications of any actions you take.

One option your son may have is to petition the court to modify his child support payments based on his current financial situation. If his income has significantly decreased since the original child support order was issued, he may be able to have his payments reduced to a more manageable level. It’s important to note, however, that this process can be complicated and may require the assistance of an experienced family law attorney.

Additionally, your son may be eligible for public assistance programs such as food stamps or housing assistance, depending on his income and other factors. He should consider reaching out to his local Department of Social Services or other relevant agency to learn more about the assistance programs that may be available to him.

Ultimately, the best thing your son can do is to work with an experienced family law attorney who can help him navigate the legal system and explore his options for managing his child support obligations. While it can be difficult to ask for help, seeking legal and financial advice can be an important step towards improving his situation and providing for his children.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *