Wife is working, when we filed our taxes, the whole refund was taken.

child_support_personQ) My current wife is working and when we filed our taxes, the whole refund was taken.

A) If a couple filed a joint return and only one of them is liable for child support payments, in non-community property states the other spouse can file an amended return to receive his or her share of the tax refund. The person who is not responsible for the child support debt can file tax Form 8379, the Injured Spouse Claim and Allocation. Follow the instructions on Form 8379 carefully and provide the required documents.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *