Can you mail or email the form for a child turning 18, going to college and needs child support to be sent to her?

A) To obtain the necessary forms for a child turning 18 who is going to college and still needs child support, you typically need to reach out to the appropriate government agency responsible for child support in your jurisdiction. The specific agency will depend on your country or state.

Here are the general steps you can follow:

  1. Identify the relevant agency: Determine which agency handles child support cases in your jurisdiction. In the United States, for example, it is typically the state’s Department of Child Support Services or a similar agency.
  2. Contact the agency: Visit the agency’s website or contact them directly to inquire about the process for obtaining the required forms. They may have the forms available for download on their website or be able to mail them to you upon request.
  3. Provide necessary information: The agency might require certain information about the child, the parents, and the specific circumstances. Be prepared to provide details such as the child’s name, date of birth, and information about the custodial and non-custodial parents.
  4. Complete the forms: Fill out the forms accurately and thoroughly, ensuring that you include all required information. If you have any questions while completing the forms, don’t hesitate to reach out to the agency for clarification.
  5. Submit the forms: Once you have completed the forms, follow the instructions provided by the agency to submit them. This may involve mailing them to a specific address or submitting them electronically through their website.

Remember that the process and specific forms required can vary depending on your jurisdiction. It’s essential to contact the appropriate agency in your area to obtain accurate and up-to-date information.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *