I filed for child support on my ex..we have gotten back together..he missed his court date.. Will he get in trouble?

Q) I did live in Franklin North Carolina and I filed for child support on my ex but I moved back to Indiana and we have gotten back together and he got a letter in the mail saying he missed the court date and that he is ordered to pay $600 a month now since we are back together and have been since December 14th 2017 Will he get in trouble or go to jail for missing that court date.

A) If your ex missed a court date related to child support, it is possible that he could face consequences such as being found in contempt of court or having his wages garnished. However, the specific consequences will depend on the laws and procedures of the jurisdiction in which the case is being heard. It is recommended that your ex contact an attorney or the court as soon as possible to explain the situation and see what steps can be taken to address any missed court dates or potential consequences.

The court has made the decision on his case and ordered him to pay $600 per month in child support. Ha may get in trouble if the $600 per month is not paid. It is recommended that you both inform the court that you are both back together and ask the court to drop your child support case.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *