my ex wife and I would like to cancel my child support payments due to cancer.

A) I understand that you and your ex-wife would like to cancel your child support payments due to cancer. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult time.

In order to cancel your child support payments, you will need to file a motion with the court. The motion will need to include a copy of your medical diagnosis and proof of your income. The court will then decide whether or not to grant your request.

If the court grants your request, you will no longer be required to pay child support. However, it is important to note that this does not mean that you are no longer responsible for your children. You will still need to provide for their needs, such as food, clothing, and shelter.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Here are some additional things you may want to consider when filing your motion to cancel child support:

  • The impact of your cancer diagnosis on your ability to work.
  • The financial resources of your ex-wife and children.
  • The best interests of your children.

It is also important to remember that the court may not grant your request to cancel child support. If the court denies your request, you may still be able to reduce the amount of child support you owe.

If you have any questions about the process of filing a motion to cancel child support, you should contact your local child support enforcement agency. They can provide you with more information and help you through the process.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *