The child support office has put a hold on my child support case.

Q) The child support office has put a hold on my child support even though I responded immediately after receiving a letter saying you need to verify information about my child’s living situation. It’s now going on FIVE months and NOBODY will give me answers (however I’m always promised)! He has been paying the child support just for it to be held by YOU! Why was this done (by mistake) and now my kid suffers because NOBODY will do their job correctly! I thought you are here to help children; not steal from them!

A) I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’re experiencing with the child support office. I don’t have access to specific information about your case, but I can offer some general advice.

It sounds like there may have been a mistake or an issue with the verification process that is causing the hold on your child support payments. If you haven’t already done so, I would recommend reaching out to the child support office directly to inquire about the status of your case and to request more information about why the hold is still in place.

You can also consider reaching out to a local legal aid organization or a family law attorney for assistance. They may be able to help you navigate the process and advocate for your child’s rights.

It’s important to keep in mind that these processes can sometimes take longer than expected, but it’s still important to stay persistent and advocate for your child’s best interests.

There are several additional reasons why the child support office may also put a hold on your child support case. According to, the reasons the state will hold funds are:

  1. An enforcement action is under review
  2. The payer submits a support check totaling $5,000 or more
  3. The payer’s previous checks have bounced
  4. The payer pays more than what is owed
  5. The state does not have the correct address for the payee
  6. There is no active support case on record

It is also possible for the child support office to place a hold on a case for various reasons. It is also possible to ask for an Income Withholding Order to be put on hold (stayed) if the Local Child Support Agency (LCSA) is part of the case

If you have a question specific to your case, it is recommended that you contact the child support agency handling your case for more information about the specific reasons and process for placing a hold on your case.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *